2013 was the year that I’ve really fully immersed myself in pop music, well not only pop music but other genres as well and I promised myself to make my top albums of 2013.
So here are my top albums of 2013:
- ARTPOP by Lady Gaga - Duh, need I say more? Lol just kidding, ARTPOP is very distinct from Gaga’s other album, I’m not saying this because I stan for Gaga I’m saying this because if you listen to it (God bless you if you still haven’t) you’ll know how much effort and time and quality she’s put into this record. The standout tracks from this album for me are, Sexxx Dreams, G.U.Y., Gypsy, Applause, Do What U Want and Venus but practically every song is flawless and perfect and out of this world so whatever. Lol
- BEYONCÉ by Beyoncé - There’s a reason why she’s called Queen B, Beyoncé released her album with no promotion or whatsoever, well it practically came out of nowhere lol and she still managed to outsell everyone who have been working their ass off promoting their new albums, it was a complete shocker to me too! But then again she’s Beyoncé so lol. I like this album of Beyoncé and I also like the videos that came along with it. My fave tracks from this album are, XO, Jealous, Pretty Hurts, Partition, Haunted, ***Flawless, Heaven and Blue, and I just have to mention Blue Ivy’s cute little voice at the end of Blue. She’s so adorbs!
- Heartthrob by Tegan and Sara - If you don’t know who they are well you better listen to them right now! This album is beyond perfection! I know this album came out, I think around 2012? But I started listening to them in the summer of 2013 and I fell in love. My standout tracks from Heartthrob are, Closer, Goodbye, Goodbye, I Was A Fool, How Come You Don’t Want Me, I Couldn’t Be Your Friend, Shock To Your System, and Guilty As Charged. But hey all of the other songs on this album is perfect too and so whatever lol
- Pure Heroine by Lorde - Of course all of us already heard Royals (right?) well Pure Heroine is pure perfection and Lorde’s voice is flawless for a 17 year old. I don’t know if she writes her own songs but I guess she does? That’s what my sources are telling me a.k.a. Google, well she’s very talented, I’ll give her that. I’m 18 and older than her and couldn’t pull off what she’s doing so kudos to her! Tennis Court, 400 Lux, Team, Ribs, Buzzcut Season and White Teeth Teens are the tracks I can’t stop listening, I’d also put Royals but that song was practically overplayed for the rest of 2013 and I got tired of it.
- channel ORANGE by Frank Ocean - I know, I know, this album came out in 2012 but I still can’t stop listening to it in 2013. Frank Ocean really knows what he’s doing from the Start to the End the album is perfect and yes Start and End are title tracks lol. I guess he’s trying to take his listeners to a journey or something? Nonetheless I fell in love with his album on my first listen. Thinkin’ Bout You, Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, Lost and Forrest Gump are my fave tracks off this record.
- True Romance by Charli XCX - Her name might be familiar to you because she co-wrote Icona Pop’s overplayed song I Love It and she’s featured there but didn’t actually sing. Charli XCX writes really good songs, her sound is very dark synth pop, if you know what I mean lol anyway, her songs are eargasmic to me (I know that’s not a word but whatever lol) I just love her and words can’t express how much flawless this album is. I can’t choose what my fave tracks off this album because I’m in love with every track (I don’t even know if that’s possible) so if you still haven’t heard her record, I’m begging you!!! Listen to it.
- Night Visions by Imagine Dragons - I wasn’t really aware of their music although I know who they are, I heard they were good from some friends and I decided to try their music and it turned out they were right! My fave tracks are Radioactive, Demons, On Top Of The World, Underdog, Amsterdam, America, and Cha-Ching. I had a hard time picking out my fave tracks because their record is so good, I literally was obsessed with them for a week or two. Lol
- PRISM by Katy Perry - Yeah yeah I know, not much of a fan of Katy yes, but I don’t generally dislike her, it’s just her approach of pop music but I’m not here to judge her, I’m here to tell you why PRISM made it to my top albums of 2013. Surprisingly, at first I personally thought PRISM was going to be a dark album because of all the teasers Katy was doing but it turned out she “let the light in” so whatever, the tracks are good. I heard in an interview somewhere that she’s continuously growing as an artist and practicing her craft, well good for her. The standout tracks for me are Dark Horse, Unconditionally, Walking On Air, Legendary Lovers, Love Me, By The Grace of God and This Is How We Do. I didn’t put Roar because it was so overplayed I got sick of that song easily and I kinda felt it was supposed to be in the Teenage Dream era.
- Britney Jean by Britney Spears - This record of Britney is by far better than her previous one (Femme Fatale) I don’t know, maybe because it shined through more than Femme Fatale, Britney said this was her personal album, I don’t know about Work Bxxch tho lol. Anyway there are some EDM tracks which are good in my opinion. My fave tracks are Alien (which deserves to be a single because it slays), Work Bxxch, Perfume, Tik Tik Boom, Til It’s Gone, Passenger, Brightest Morning Star and Now That I Found You and the rest of the record is fine.
- Bangerz by Miley Cyrus - She definitely put twerking into a whole another level lol. Anyways, despite all her media misfits and mischievousness her record is actually good, in my opinion let’s just understand her because she’s going through some stuff and we can’t honestly expect her to be the “Disney” star forever, she grew up and you need to. Back to the record, I really can’t explain how I liked this record maybe because it was pop mixed with country? I don’t know her accent is so country tho especially in Do My Thang.I liked We Can’t Stop, Wrecking Ball, Adore You, Drive, SMS (Bangerz) and Do My Thang. Miley really is really talented tho and her voice is perfection.
Well this is basically the records/albums that kept me sane after how much of a mess 2013 was and I hope I didn’t annoy you with my constant use of perfection, flawless and other shit like that. I hope you try to listen to these albums too, they are really good and OH! Thank you for reading if you managed to finish reading my whole post. Lol